Child Maintenance Options has been working closely with a variety of support organisations, including the Grandparents’ Association, in order to ensure that we can provide appropriate information and guidance.
Who are The Grandparents’ Association
The Grandparents' Association is a national charity who celebrates the joys of grand parenting. We have been working with and for grandparents to achieve positive outcomes for grandchildren for decades. We have grown into a thriving national charity, with around 1,000 members nationwide.
What do The Grandparents’ Association do?
The Grandparents’ Association’s aim is to improve the lives of children by working with and for all grandparents. We believe that:
- A special relationship exists between grandchildren and grandparents.
- Decisions should always be made in the child's best interests.
- Ageism should not feature in any decision taken in the best interest of the child's welfare and future.
- Younger people and older people can learn from each other.
How can The Grandparents’ Association help and support me?
The Grandparents’ Association are there for every grandparent, but we can particularly support those who:
- Have lost or are losing contact with their grandchildren because of divorce, family feud or other problems.
- Are caring for their grandchildren on a full time basis.
- Have childcare responsibilities for their grandchildren.
- Are interested in the educational and welfare needs of their grandchildren.
We can help you in various ways through the following services:-
- Telephone Helpline - 0845 4349585 - helpline service provides confidential support from fully trained staff and volunteers. (call charges may apply)
- Welfare Benefits Service – 0844 3571033 - A dedicated welfare benefits advice service run by expert trained advisors.
- Support groups - We have several support groups around the country.
- Factsheets - Specialist information covering a wide range of issues that concern grandparents.
- New App for Grandparents – For your Google Android, iPhones and tablets.