Many people struggle to pay child maintenance, regularly and on time. Child Maintenance Options has been working closely with StepChange Debt Charity, who have supplied the following pages and useful tools about the services which they offer.
Who we are
StepChange Debt Charity is the leading debt help organisation in the UK. They offer impartial debt advice, expert budgeting support and tailored debt management solutions, completely free of charge.
They have over 20 years’ experience helping people get debt free.
Get free debt help
- Expert budgeting help to manage household bills, clear arrears and meet future payments.
- A range of debt solutions including individual voluntary arrangements (IVA) and fee-free debt management plans.
- Help with court action or threats from bailiffs.
- A series of guides on payday loan debts, debt consolidation loans, bankruptcy and redundancy available to download for free.
- Their MoneyAware debt articles offer money management advice and saving tips such as how to reclaim PPI for free or advice on what your creditors can actually do.
They have specialist teams to provide debt advice where you live.
Get a tailored personal action plan and instant advice on what to do next either anonymously online through StepChange Debt Remedy or from one of their trained debt advisors on 0800 138 1111. (Open 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 4pm Saturday).
After your debt advice session the advisor can give relevant specialist advice on mortgage arrears, insolvency or give a welfare benefits check if needed.