Child Maintenance Options has been working closely with a variety of parent support organisations including Family Lives, who have supplied the following information providing examples of a variety of tools and services which they have to offer.
Who are Family Lives?
For over 3 decades Family Lives, previously known as Parentline Plus, has worked with parents to help them deal with the changes that are a constant part of family life. We believe that happy children come from happy families and we currently support over 700,000 families every year to help improve the outcome for over 1 million children.
So, if you are currently separated or are in the process of separating and don’t know where to turn to for help, then maybe we can help. We can offer guidance on a wide range of issues including:
- Family Relationships.- In the section, we can help with divorce and separation as well as on relationship support.
- Family Roles - It isn’t easy being a parent, so we have provided some key guidance points for mums and dads, single parents and grandparents.
- Running a Household - We might be able to help with the following tips for finances, going back to work, chores and how to balance the work life balance as well as holidays.
How we can help
Family Lives is an online hub of parenting information, so your first point of call may be to visit our advice pages which give you a wealth of information on all aspects of parenting and the problems which parents can face, especially when a relationship breaks down.
We have a wide range of different of contact us:-
- Helpline - Our free helpline is available on 0808 800 2222 † 24 hours a day. You can also contact us via Skype.
- Live Chat - You can talk in confidence to our trained staff about any parenting or family issue.
- Email - For those times, when it’s difficult to speak to someone, you can get in touch through our email contact service.
- In Your Area - We have offices throughout the country, which run parenting groups and other outreach services.
- Blogs and Forum - For those who want support from people in similar situations.
† Calls to an 0808 number are free from landlines and most mobiles.